Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Practice Blog Post

My name is Heather Smith. I was born and raised in Satsuma, Al. I met my husband, Jerald, my Junior year in high school (GO Gators!). We have been married seven years (this past May) and have two beautiful daughters, Layla who is 6 and Kloe’ who is 3. My life revolves around my family. They are my everything, and every decision that is made is based off of what is best for us all- as a unit.

I substitute teach in the Mobile County Public School System when I am not at South or studying. My daughter is in first grade at J.E. Turner, which was known by their former principal as Mobile’s biggest kept secret. It is an amazing school!

I obtained my Associates degree in Psychology at the University of Phoenix (online) when Layla was little and furthered to obtain my Bach. in Psych at South. I have always known that I wanted to work with children- they are my passion. I thought I wanted to become a counselor, but the more I thought about it and talked to Jerald (the hubby) about it, I just realized… this is not what I want. I want to teach! I had only two semesters in Psychology, but I swapped to Education. It has put me back another 2 ½ years from where I was (because so many credits weren’t needed for the Education degree) but that is ok because I know that when I do get in the field I will love my job and be happy to get up and go to work.

I love spending time with my family. I coached my daughter’s soccer team, volunteer one day a week at her school, am room mom for both daughter’s classes, and help coordinate fundraising events for random needy people. I am passionate about people and believing in those that are so frequently looked over due to people’s inability to understand why or how another person perceives.

Image of My FamilyImage of My Girls: Layla and Kloe

No comments:

Post a Comment