Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

C4K Summary for September

C4K #1:

"This I Believe"
Mrs. Martin's 4th Block English students were assigned “This I Believe” essays, in which students stated a belief and included a personal story that explains how he/she came to this belief. I was assigned to "bamaboy98". His blog is HERE and his "This I Believe" is HERE.
Image of cartoon construction worker
Bamaboy98 wrote about why construction is important. He says that if we did not have construction, we would not have any houses, towns or cities, or stores. There would not be a workplace for many to go to, and there would be a "lack of housing and public buildings." He went on to say that there would be people getting hurt without the knowledge of construction. His personal experience was when he helped his grandfather and father build houses in the past. He says that there would not be the types of houses that are available now, if it were not for construction workers.

My Comment to bamaboy98:
I introduced myself to bamaboy98 by telling him my name, my school, my class and blog, and my personal blog. I then gave a personal experience of my own about my father being a construction worker. Last, I positively enforced a quote from his blog: “Without the work of the construction industry, many of us wouldn’t have a workplace to go to, not to mention the lack of housing and public buildings”. I told him that I do not think some realize how crucial construction workers are. There are a very important part of our society. I closed by thanking him for his post.


C4K #2:

Narrative poem:
Students were asked to write a narrative poem. I was assigned "Delfi". Her blog is HERE.
Image of mysterious woods

"The Mysterious Woods" by Delfi

"On a strange , weird wood lived many creatures who ate all types of food. But only once a brave , middle-aged soldier tried to cross it alone on his hairy horse. He darred to cross it on his own because he was brave and strong. He was looking for a mysterious city which was very small and old. He knew he couldn t do it solo so he asked a knight for his time, he accepted without hesitation and they started seeking for the precious nation. Until one day they found the civilization."

My Comment to Delfi:
I introduced myself to Delfi by telling her my name, my school, my class and blog, and my personal blog. I then told her that I was very intrigued by her poem. It was well thought out and her wording was very impressive! I closed by telling her thanks for her post and I look forward to more in the future.


C4K #3:

"Kate Sheppard"
Students had to video a scene depicting a historical figure. I was assigned "Potaua", an 8th grader. His blog is HERE and his "Kate Sheppard" blog post is HERE.
Image of Kate Shappard
Potaua's video was about Kate Sheppard, the most prominent member of New Zealand's women's suffrage movement. She is on the New Zealand $10. note. In the video, they ask why not the $50. note. This comical relief is crucial in a video that is based on nothing but historical information, due to mixing things up and preventing boredom.

My Comment to Potaua:
I introduced myself to Delfi by telling him my name, my school, my class and blog, and my personal blog. I then told him that I enjoyed watching his video and learning so much about Kate Sheppard. I told him that after watching the video I wanted to learn more so I searched google for more information. I think he hit all the key points in his interview: she was the most prominent member of New Zealand's women's suffrage movement, she is on the 10 dollar note, and because of her- New Zealand was the first country (in the world) to grant women the right to vote! I closed by telling him I enjoyed the comical relief he added abput the $50. note and he done a very good job on this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment