Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

C4T #4 for Matt Gomez

Matt Gomez' Blog

C4T #4: Post #1:
Matt Gomez' Blog Post: 


Matt Gomez' Blog Post: Blogging in Kindergarten is all about bloggin in a Kindergarten classroom. He writes about "taking the next step" and letting his students have their own personal blogs using KidBlog. His first goal is to have each child share their daily journals on thier blogs once a week. He hopes to expand their opportunities to blogging about other content areas once they have become proficient in blogging in general. His main purpose for individual blogs is  for the studetns to grow in writing and vocabulary. He also plans to focus on sight words, writing conventions, vocabulary words and other writing skills. Matt Gomez hopes to move towards allowing the kids to blog any time they feel motivated to share their learning. he writes that the blog could be used for the kids to make connections with students that have similar interest or to ask questions of experts to further learning on topics.

His main concern with student blogging is keeping them safe. He explains that KidBlog  has many features that will help with this concern and it is important to understand and consider all the settings in regards to visibility and security on blogs. 

My response to Matt Gomez' Blog Post: 

As always, i introduced myself to Mr. Gomez. I added links to my class blog and personal blog. I told him how intrigued I am about blogging and how I plan to have a class blog of my own when I become a teacher. I told him I found his post to be very knowledgeable and informative and looked forward to seeing his students blogs in the future. 




C4T #4 Post #2:
Matt Gomez' Blog Post: 


Screen Shot 2013-11-17 at 9.45.57 AMIn Matt Gomez' Blog Post: Weebly: Simple and Free Way To Create A Class Website, he writes about Weebly- a tool used to create an e-portfolio. It is a simple process to create a website or blog. He adds that the interface uses simple drag and drop functions that are laid out nicely and the process is fairly intuitive. Teachers that are looking for a way to have an online presence for their classroom (class website or blog) should give this tool a try. Weebly allows for customization that other tools available have, but Weebly is simple and user-friendly, according to Gomez. Weebly is also a great tool to use to introduce students to e-portfolios and to begin the process of creating one. For students new to the process, he says Weebly is the perfect tool to start with. He ends this post with his hope being that some students would take that basic knowledge and look for other options as they want to customize and add features. 

The website created in the video below can be found here...


My Response to Matt Gomez' Blog Post: Weebly: Simple and Free Way To Create A Class Website:

I introduced myself to Matt Gomez (again) then I told him how intrigued I was about this tool for blogs, websites, and e-portfolios. I (again) told him about my future career as an educator and how I will be having a class blog and eventually incorporating student blogs into our weekly lessons. I thanked him for giving me such valuable resources to help in my future career. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment